How to Assemble
Click HERE to download a printable version of these instructions
CRYSTAL EXPLORER ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS
1. VERY IMPORTANT IF YOU HAVE ORDERED MULTIPLE KAYAKS! Check to make sure the serial number on your frame matches the serial number on the hull.
2. Insert the frame inside the hull and line it up with the holes
3. Fasten the middle crossbar to the hull
4. Fasten the rest of the frame to the hull using the washers, hand-knobs and eye bolts. Ensure the nylon washers are on each side of the hull to protect the Lexan (pictured below)
5. Clip the seats to the eye bolts. For the correct seat arrangement see the diagram at the top of this page. Tighten the straps to desired fit.
6. Inflate the flotation bladders (they only need to be 60% full to function properly). Secure them to the hull of the boat with the elastics and clips.
7. Align the skeg assembly with the holes on the stern of the kayak. Attach the skeg with the bolts and tighten with an allen key.
8. Use the remaining elastic to secure the skeg. Thread it through the hole in the skeg and then loop it around the hand-knobs and use the bronze-colored fasteners to tighten it.
9. To assemble the paddle connect the 3 metal pieces with the 2 plastic connectors. (Note: You will have an extra metal piece. Why? If you want to turn your paddle into two separate oars you will use this extra piece)
10. Enjoy your Crystal Kayak!